The main entry into the Senior School is Year 7. However, admission is available at all entry points provided places are available. Parents and their children are encouraged to arrange a tour of our School.
For entry in Year 7, both internal and external pupils are required to undertake our 11+ entrance assessment. The testing will consist of English, Mathematics and Verbal Reasoning. Candidates must demonstrate a sufficient proficiency in the majority of tests, thus allowing access to the curriculum we offer, before a place can be offered. In addition to testing, we look for enthusiasm and commitment in all those who wish to join St. Dominic’s Grammar School.
Academic scholarships may be awarded based on high performance in the entrance exams. Sport and Performing Arts Scholarships are also available for applicants that specialise in these areas. Auditions are held after the Year 7 entry testing date.
For entry into all other year groups, appropriate testing is arrange along with a day visit and interview. Scholarships are also available for pupils gifted or talented in Academics, Sports, Performing Arts or Art.
The admission process is as follows;
- Registration Form and Fee – To register your child to sit our entry testing and spend the day with us, a £25.00 administration charge is payable.
- Day visit and Entry Testing – You will be invited to meet with the Headmaster to discuss your child’s visit with us.
- Scholarship Audition – for Performing Arts or Art, if applicable. (Academic and Sport scholarships are based on the application submitted)
- References – The Admissions Department will contact your child’s previous school for a reference.
- Offer and Acceptance of a place – Paperwork will consist of completing an acceptance form and a £200.00 joining fee is applicable.
- Uniform fitting – our uniform shop is based on site and an appointment can be made for your child.
- Start date – first day arrangements will be sent beforehand via email.