The Friends of St. Dominic's committee are an enthusiastic and committed team made up of the Head Teacher, the Bursar, a representative from the teaching staff and up to 15 parents. The Friends work alongside the school arranging a wide variety of fund-raising events providing invaluable support to the School and our pupils. The Friends, of which all parents and guardians are automatically members, has three aims:
- To develop and extend the relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the School.
- To engage in activities which support the School and advantage the education of the pupils.
- To provide and assist in the provision of facilities for education at the School.
ANNUAL FUNDRAISING EVENTS WE HOLD...
- ¨ Quiz Night
- ¨ Christmas Fayre
- ¨ Summer Fayre
- Easter Disco (Preparatory Department)
- ¨ Halloween Disco (Preparatory Department)
- ¨ Christmas Disco (Year 6 & Year 7)
- ¨ Refreshments at School Productions
- ¨ Bar & Refreshments at the Jazz Evening
OTHER EVENTS HOSTED…
- ¨ Sports Day refreshments
- ¨ Ball
- ¨ Fashion Night
- ¨ Clarins evening
- ¨ Philharmonic Concert
Annual purchases made by The Friends’…
- ¨ Young Enterprise entry fee for Sixth Form
- ¨ All book prizes for Prize-Giving (£750)
Special requests have resulted in all of the following purchases being made...
- 20 x violins for Year 3
- High specification Gymnastic springboard
- Coomber Digital recorders for Languages
- Digital video camera
- Digital cameras
- Refurbishment of School Mini-buses
- Bikes & Trikes for the Kindergarten
- Kawai Grand Piano
- Books for the Sixth Form Library
- Netball bibs
- Mixing Desk for the Recording Studio
- Microphones for the Recording Studio
- Camping Equipment for D of E
- 15 iPad 2's and an Apple Mac computer!