The Friends of St. Dominic’s committee are an enthusiastic and committed team made up of the Head Teacher, the Bursar, a representative from the teaching staff and up to 15 parents. The Friends work alongside the school arranging a wide variety of fund-raising events providing invaluable support to the School and our pupils.
The Friends, of which all parents and guardians are automatically members, has three aims:
- To develop and extend the relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the School.
- To engage in activities which support the School and advantage the education of the pupils.
- To provide and assist in the provision of facilities for education at the School.
Even if you do not wish to serve on the committee, the Friends are always looking for willing ‘volunteers’ to help at the events, so do please come to our next meeting if you feel you are able to assist in any way. Although fundraising is a significant function of the Friends, it is not their only aim. The organisation of events for the pupils, staff and parents is equally important to assist the pupils’ development and to allow pupils, staff and parents to meet each other in a social environment.
Annual Fundraising events we hold…
- ¨ Quiz Night
- ¨ Christmas Fayre
- ¨ Summer Fayre
- Easter Disco (Preparatory Department)
- ¨ Halloween Disco (Preparatory Department)
- ¨ Christmas Disco (Year 6 & Year 7)
- ¨ Refreshments at School Productions
- ¨ Bar & Refreshments at the Jazz Evening
Other events hosted…
- ¨ Sports Day refreshments
- ¨ Ball
- ¨ Fashion Night
- ¨ Clarins evening
- ¨ Philharmonic Concert
Annual purchases made by The Friends’…
- ¨ Young Enterprise entry fee for Sixth Form
- ¨ All book prizes for Prize-Giving (£750)
Special requests have resulted in all of the following purchases being made…
- 20 x violins for Year 3
- High specification Gymnastic springboard
- Coomber Digital recorders for Languages
- Digital video camera
- Digital cameras
- Refurbishment of School Mini-buses
- Bikes & Trikes for the Kindergarten
- Kawai Grand Piano
- Books for the Sixth Form Library
- Netball bibs
- Mixing Desk for the Recording Studio
- Microphones for the Recording Studio
- Camping Equipment for D of E
- 15 iPad 2’s and an Apple Mac computer!
If you would like to join the Committee or volunteer your services at a future event, please contact Mrs Shirelle Bower at the school.
We would be very happy to see you at the events we hold and would gladly receive any support you are able to give us.